Read from November 02 to 07, 2016
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I decided against writing a review on every single book because I just wanted to do a final one at the end of the series.
I have just one thing to say to Richelle Mead :
I gave up on vampires after the debacle that Twilight became, but this series was just what I needed to change my mind. I loved the characters, the story, and the happy ending!
1. Rose Hathaway – This story was told from the POV of Rose who’s not a vampire. Thank God. I would have hated it had she been one because we have enough of those stories on Earth already. I thought she was an okay character in the first book but the more I kept reading, the more I began to like her. The character development there was brilliant! By the end of the series, I can say that she’s definitely one of my favorites! She was one of the strongest characters and my favorite thing about her was that she sometimes had no filter when speaking her mind. And let’s not forget those badass combat skills!
2. Dimitri Belikov – *swoon* He’s like the guy every girl wants but will never have in reality (haha).
My love for this character never died, not even when he turned Strigoi. I had this inkling that he would be okay — a feeling that Richelle Mead will find some way to bring him back to life. He was perfect. His love for Rose was beautiful but I think the love she had for him was even better. She never gave up on him even when he wasn’t himself and that’s probably what helped him get back to her. The best part — his “zen” advice (lol)
3. Christian Ozera – He’s my favorite character! Why? Because his snark was the life of the series. Seriously, I don’t think anyone could have gotten away with that much snark the way he did. I loved his odd friendship with Rose (he was like the annoying brother she never had). Like Rose, he was yet another strong character in the series. Even after the crap life put him through with his parents and Tasha, he still stuck up for the right people, stood by Lissa through thick and thin, and protected her as best he could.
Another thing that was awesome — Fire magic!
4. Vasilisa Dragomir – A very likeable character. She wasn’t my favorite but I liked that she was a great friend and she’s probably one of the kindest characters I’ve ever read about. Spirit was an interesting power that was explored in this book. I liked that it was not all about the usual four elements and that there was something extra. The bond between Lissa and Rose was pretty cool although it was sort of unfair that Rose got to peep in to Lissa’s head and the reverse couldn’t happen.
5. Adrian Ivashkov – Okay he was nice, loyal and what not, but I still don’t get why everyone’s in love with him. I would pick Christian over this guy any day.
This is officially my favorite vampire series now! I loved everything about it. There was a lot of detail and the pace was just perfect. The only thing that disappointed me was that there was no proper end for Adrian and Rose. I just found out that the series Bloodlines is a spin-off of this one and I assume everything will be explained there. I’m excited to see things from Sydney’s and Adrian’s POVs. This should be interesting.
Me right now: